Six Reasons Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Can Work For You
Mar 01, 2018
Rest assured that when we say Cognitive Behavioral Therapy works, we mean it. While the list of reasons to try this therapy is long and varied, we have listed 6 specific ones that we think might interest you. After reading the list below, you will see that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a valuable asset that can help you achieve positive results.
- Proven Track Record - Research shows Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is successful for many people. There have been
- Short-term therapy - CBT therapy can take as few as 6 sessions.
- All ages can benefit - CBT has positive outcomes for young children, teenagers, and adults.
- Natural and safe - There are no side effects of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy like there is with medication. This can be a huge benefit.
- Skills for future help - Skills learned with CBT can be applied not only to the here and now, but to future stresses and difficulties as well.
- Effective for a wide range of mental health challenges - People with anxiety, panic disorder, trichotillomania, bulimia, post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health challenges have benefited from this therapy.
The objective of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is to break the vicious cycle of negative thinking and replace it with a more positive thought process and coping strategies. Using the skills learned from CBT can give you the ability to live a fuller life. This type of therapy can help you get a handle on stress and anxiety in a positive way.
Interestingly, there also seems to be a correlation between thoughts, moods, behaviors and physical reactions. With this in mind, some individuals are seeking out Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help deal with chronic illnesses like Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Research shows CBT is helpful for conditions such as this.
To talk more about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or other ways we can assist you, please Contact Us.
Category: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy