5 Useful Ways to Help Battle Anxiety
Jul 12, 2018
Many of us suffer from the effects of anxiety at some point in our lives. There are many ways to reduce the hardship of common everyday anxious thoughts. Here are 5 useful strategies to help you get through your day with less worries.
- Just breathe. Take a moment, close your eyes, and take a deep breath. Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose. Pay attention as your chest rising and your lungs filling with air. Exhale slowly through your mouth. As you exhale, relax your shoulders and muscles.
- Move your body. Get up and go for a walk. Moving around gets the blood flowing and helps the brain to relax and release the feel good hormones. Exercising on a regular basis will increase quality of life while decreasing anxiety and stress. Exercise is known to be our mind, body, and soul's best defense.
- Tidy your personal space. It's not a great feeling to look around and see clutter everywhere. A huge mess sends the message that things are not in order. Create a home for every item you use and make sure everything is returned to it's proper place after using it. This will keep your space nice and neat and it will be one less thing to worry about.
- Self affirmation. Speaking positive words out loud to yourself is both healthy and smart. Train your brain to instantly red flag negative thoughts and replace them with something good. When you feel yourself starting to have negative thoughts, force yourself to think of something positive. Say the words out loud and believe it! Example: "I am safe, happy, and confident!"
- Stop overthinking. Thinking about a situation too much will not change it or make it go away. Accept what is happening and do what you can to resolve the issue. Do not worry or stress over things you cannot control.
Contact us for more information and ways to help battle anxiety.
Category: Anxiety Therapy